Wednesday 4 June 2008

Ikea-tastic and decoration update

The last time I went to Ikea, was around the time I was pregnant (I think) I hated it. It was a weekend, stupidly busy, and we couldn't find what we were looking for.

It has taken me 4 years to brave it again. Thankfully, I went yesterday and really enjoyed it. I had a good long shopping list and things to browse so I ended up being there for 2 hours. Perhaps thats why I ended up getting the wrong bl00dy door that I went for in the first place! (sorry, Span!) I blame Ikeaexhaustion!

Apart from that, I found the following
Cream bathmat for 99p
Several frames for the photos I want to print
Some decorative glass bottles for the ensuite
Bowls, 4 for 19p each and 4 for 99p each.
Some plastic ups and cutlery 99p for each set.
a glass shelf for another bathroom cupboard
A gorgeous bedspread (riculously cheaper than the other ones I have seen!)

It's really got me going with thinking about the finishing details of our house. I think (biased, of course) that the house will look really nice, but I want it to be ours, with lots of personal touches. I am cracking on with photos of the children and getting some nice prints, and eventually I want to (somehow) frame some of the childrens' masterpieces so I can stick them up too.

My in-laws have offered to do some painting for us while we are on our holidays, so we need to make some colour decisions sharpish. Span is off to get some colours this evening, so that is another step done.

And on Friday, we lose our doors so they can be stripped and we can get rid of the horrible mustardy yellow panelling on them. Lord knows why the previous owners put them on in the first place. I think that might be the almost final nail in the previous owners' tastes. The final piece will be the rather dull (and now stained) carpet in Oscar's bedroom, which will be blue soon.

I CANNOT wait for this house to be done, but I think it will be a good 4 months before I can say that.

1 comment:

Head Pin said...

Oooo ikea is brilliant! But Ashton is hard to find your way around...