Friday 7 November 2008

I'm still here!

(image from www.xray2000.co.uk)

Everything is going really well. I have done 5 weeks of hard study and next week I get to go and have fun at my hospital. Although I think the reality will be boring induction tutorials and perhaps not much hands on practice. I think I will have to be patient for that.

I (with my tutorial group) got to do an x-ray today. We have an old donated skeleton, covered in fabric that we can x-ray and we worked together to get it ready for an ankle. I pressed the buttons for a lateral x-ray and we didn't do "too" badly. We missed the heel, wasted space, and probably cause the skeleton undue pain, but hey ho!

Unfortunately for my blog, I find I have so little emotional and intellectual energy by the end of the evening, the most I can do is keep up to date with emails and watch reruns of Sex and the City. By Fridays I am exhausted, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I am having lots of fun and thoroughly enjoy going off to uni 3/4 times a week.

I think we, as a family, are still getting to grips with our new life. I am finding it hard to summon the energy to get day to day jobs done, but I'm sure that will get easier. Its now just over 3 years since I last did a full day's work, so it was always going to take some getting used to!
The children are fine. I hardly see them during the week, but they are very happy and enjoying their time at nursery. I do miss them, but nowhere near as much as I thought, and as much as I should!! I always knew I wasn't cut out to be a SAHM for too long! Overall I think we'll all be happier, although there will always be a little guilt!
I'll try not to keep it so long next time. I need to put up some new pics of the children and our new living room.

2 comments:

Head Pin said...

Glad you are enjoying it. Is that X-ray an elbow though?????

Lindy said...

your new livingroom is FANTASTIC! Glad to hear you're having a good time at Uni.