Tuesday 23 September 2008

Tireder than a tired thing in tiredville... but happy

It has been TOO long since I last worked more than 6 hours in one go. My eyes are tired, my body is exhausted and for the first time in 4 years, my exhaustion is not caused by my offspring!

In fact, I am yet to actually do any work, but I am soooooooooooooooo tired. I've got the 8.17 train twice in a row, and I get one just before 9 tomorrow. I forgot what early starts were like.

Not that I am complaining though. So far, everything has gone very well. Everyone has been very very friendly, and the conversations have flowed. I haven't got too lost. Even though I am usually pretty good at finding my bearings, but the building we have been in so far is SO confusing! I've been following people, in the vain hope they know what they are doing. It doesn't always work though as we ALL ended up in the wrong room this afternoon.

Mostly we're being talked at this week. Its all a little dull, and I should think most of us know what we are being told, but its a good chance to get to know everyone. I think because we are all not only concentrating on the talks and being nice to people, we are all exhausted.

Tomorrow is a quieter day. I don't have to be in until 10, and then, after a tutorial on our online resources (or such like) I get fitted for my uniform. I have to wear a tunic, and then black trousers. I don't have to wear regulation trousers, so that, believe me, is a bonus! Drainpipes anyone!?

Then I am going to pop over to the Union to see what freshers freebies I can get. No chance of a booze up as I am probably picking up Oscar tomorrow, and a drunken look is NOT a good one, on my first pick up!

I shall probably read this back and realise that none of it makes any sense, but I am too tired to care! Roll on Friday and some wine. Although I may well need to be prodded every few minutes! he he

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so great. Down here in Cambridge we have been thinking of you. I hope you get to do some of the freshers week fun stuff as well. At least you don't have to do the Halls thing and being woken up at rude o'clock by the fire alarm. Mind you, I must admit, we did seem to have rather yummy firemen in Northampton when I was in Halls.
Love Teddy and missing you all xx

Head Pin said...

Sounds like you are having a great time. Glad everyone is friendly thats really important.