Saturday 20 September 2008

New start on Monday

Eeeeeek!

I don't think it has really and truly sunk in that I am all but a student again. I have to present myself to an "ice-breaking" session at University on Monday at 9.30 and then my new life starts. Although I'll be doing student life without too much debt (she says hopefully) with nicer clothes, nicer food, nicer house and with a lot more determination. It is a strange experience to buy University books without worrying about whether I'll have enough for food (or beer and fags, more honestly)

Obviously my life as a mum and wife carries on, and I think the hardest bit is going to be juggling all the parts of my life to keep us all happy. Mummy's guilt is there, bubbling away, but I do know that the children are settling in well at Nursery, and Nursery School, and so I can relax while I am at classes.

My timetable looks quite sparse for now, with sometimes only 9 hours of classtime, but I am not going to be too cocky. I expect I am going to have to do some serious work on my own and I think I might be expected to meet up with coursemates regularly. However, it looks like I have Mondays off, which is fabulous. It makes trips away so much easier, at least until Christmas.

I got my first choice hospital for Clinical Placements. I'm not going to name it here as I need to be very careful about confidentiality if I chose to talk about it here, so its easiest if I keep it quiet. I am so pleased though. It couldn't have gone better. Obviously, those who know me will find out all the (possibly gory) details as and when they happen!

My lovely new red schoolbag is ready, I have bought a pencil case, which is filled, and I have paper and text books. I now have to get through a week of induction, and then a one-week course designed for all Health care courses (aka dullsville 101) but then, it begins.

See you on the other side....




(which will probably be Monday, knowing me, I'll be too excited! he he)

2 comments:

Head Pin said...

Oooo hope you've had a good first day!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to hear about it all and find out where your placement is, I can't remember what your first choice was doh! But glad you got your choice. And Mondays off we can meet up...

Lindy said...

Looking forward to hearing all about it at Last Friday!