Wednesday 3 September 2008

Our August in Pictures

I've not really had much motivation to post. We've been keeping busy, so this is a pictoral guide to what we've been up to! I hope I don't forget anything!

We went to Baby Loves Disco at Urbis. I'm not sure the children were that impressed with it, although they did dance to start with!

The special lift there was Oscar's highlight.
These are the apples I managed to get off my tree this year. Within 20 minutes of this picture, OScar and Jasmine had nabbed them! Thankfully, I got another one and they are delicious!

Just another flower pic I was pleased with!
This was at Redhouse Farm. The first time! The barrel rides, as ever, were very very popular.
Noah liked the tractors And Caitlyn and Jas liked the sandpit.

Then, after Greenbelt (I didn't take the camera so Span could use it) we went fruit picking.

And we saw this pretty fabulous plane. On looking on Airliners.net, it is an Airbus Beluga, and was probably going to Chester.
The apples were lovely.
Apple train!
Then last weekend, we went to visit Teddy and co in Cambridgeshire. How quaint is this village square!?
We went on a walk to an orchard, grown as some kind of insect farm/sanctuary. Ironically, I didn't see a single insect, and the plums were divine. The weather was so hot, which is amazing, considering our summer, so walking in jeans was a bit of a mistake and I was boiling by the time I got back!!

They all fought over this chair. Jas, apparently, had possession at this point as the grin shows.
Oscar loved the plums. He has good taste, they were delicious.
Chloe and Max
I thought this was an apple tree ladder, but it is a swimming pool ladder. There was no swimming pool, so god knows why it was in the garden. Jas didn't care, she loved it. The climbing frame to nowhere.
Bacon butties for breakfast the following morning.

Redhouse farm, part 2. Barrel rides again

And Jas watching, as she refused to go on again!
My attempt at a photo of the two of them. On the haystack.
Then, today we went to the airport. It was nice when we got there, if windy and cold and exposed

Then it rained, so we had a car picnic.
Then there was a lot of excitement as this plane had fire engines following it. It was obviously a false alarm as they soon disappeared.
Then Lindy looked after Jas and Os while I ferried Byrney and co back to the station. It was sooo wet at this point!
And this was my parting shot. The sky was much greyer than it looks!





















No comments: