Monday 19 March 2007

Normalness

Today has been dull. Nothing of note to report at all!

Oscar was an absolute pain walking back from toddler group, which is literally at the end of the road. So SO SOOOOOO frustrating.

Jas is fine, but missed lunch today, 2nd time in a row now. Hope this isn't a habit she is forming now.

I went to another NCT sale in Withington over the weekend. Bought a few bargains, including some Boden trousers for £1.50, and the exact same pair went for over a tenner on Ebay the next day. YAY! Went for a reconvening of the D Fishwives. Only a small meeting of L and C, but we managed a couple of excellent pints of Harp Lager, to celebrate "St Patrick's Day" I could SO have stayed all day... oh how I long for a big boozy bender (but clearly not the hangover with 2 small children afterwards!) Span later told me that he was only fed up that I was out, because he was jealous. Perhaps I should have stayed!

We has Span's sister up for the weekend and we had a lovely time. Span cooked a great Chicken stew, which all 5 of us enjoyed. Jas managed very well.

Then Span's parents came over for Mother's Day and he cooked a Roast Lamb dinner. Again, Jas did well, but a lot of it did end up on her highchair, rather than her tummy. The lamb was DEEEElicious. Its not my favourite meat, but a good bit of Welsh lamb cooked with mustard and orange juice is lovely. Bread and water for the rest of the week eh?! he he

This week is a bit non-descript. Various toddler groups/playgroups/nursery days happen these days and I only just keep track of our busy timetable! I worked out, last week, that life with children is spent being extremely busy, doing very little. It can be so hard to remain positive and interested when I know I have a lot more of this before I can "restart" my life. I love it and hate it all at the same time.

On a more positive note. I bought Oz some pants today. Underground Ernie. I hope they inspire him a bit.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

I soo know what you mean when you say you're busy doing nothing. Keep your chin up, things will get bette with Oscar. Sometimes it's hard to just let them be because we're so afraid they're going to hurt someone. I'm the same w/ Squidge. She just goes up to little ones and tries to climb over/under/through them. The dirty looks from other Mums really bites! I was thinking about having you and C over on Monday or Wednesday. Take to boys to Cavendish Park to blow off some steam, if the weather cooperates.