Wednesday 6 June 2007

Metroland!

Parisian Metro is wonderful and horrible all at the same time. It never ceases to amaze me how close some of the stations are. It is seriously quicket to walk sometimes.

I took some shots of the line somewhere near Montparnasse. I think it shows how close it really is.

So, those photos show 4 different stations all extremely close. Its all like that!

This was a train leaving a station, just to show what they look like! Nerd, moi??

Its not a great photo as I had to shrink it for here, but when you zoom on the original you can almost see the driver! Oz would have loved it!!

Sadly the Metro is full of beggars, bad smells and bad people, which does ruin the experience somewhat. You have to watch your bags like a hawk and avert your eyes from the numerous people after your money. However, it is extremely efficient (trains every 1-3 mins all day) and very quick and cheap. You get 10 journeys for just over 10 euros. I just wish it didn't smell so bad!!

I think I prefer the tube in London, but only because it is cleaner, and brighter. You can't beat the Metro for efficiency.

Roll on our next visit!

No comments: