Thursday 6 September 2007

Bye Bye Butler Avenue

My parents moved out of the family home yesterday. They moved in when I was 9 months old. It is a lovely house, with a lot of fond memories. It is going to be very surreal to go back there, and NOT go into Butler Avenue!!

My parents don't need a 4 bedroom house with bathroom, ensuite and two separate toilets. They also need the money for other things and they are definite winners of the property market right now. I think even they would admit that having a smaller space will make life easier. I cannot wait to see it, I was expecting to visit them there last weekend, but due to typical housemoving delays, it was changed to yesterday.

Apparently, it ran OK, but not smoothly. It was a 6 house chain (as far as I know) meaning there was a lot of paperwork, money and bureaucracy to deal with.

Before I left, I took a few shots of the house. I didn't take indoor ones as the light wasn't that good. I will miss the house but there is so much to see in the new house. I am so excited about seeing it.




1 comment:

Lindy said...

You'll have to make some new memories at the new house. I'm sure it's going to be strange when you're there for the next holiday.