Tuesday 18 September 2007

Oscar's Party

We were SO lucky with the weather! I kept checking the forecasts and as predicted, it stayed dry.

It was a good job as I had invited a lot of Oscar's friends. As the children are still quite little, we had their mums (and dads sometimes) too. Oscar had a great time. We had a go at Pass the Parcel, which was good, but a little disorganised! They all got bored once they had opened their layer!

The food, was a success, as usual. Span and his mum and dad did most of the final sort out, and did lots of the cooking. Thankfully, they enjoy it. I think everyone went home as stuffed as they wanted.

Oscar did so well with gifts. I feel slightly embarrassed about the sheer amount of stuff he now has! His favourite was a London Underground T-shirt from C and C. So far he has demanded it every morning. I suspect, we might need to buy another at some point!!

Jasmine found the whole thing a little overwhelming and confusing, which was something I didn't anticipate at all. During Pass the parcel, she walked into the centre of the circle and just lay down, as if going to sleep. I suspect she felt a lack of attention. I felt quite sorry for her, but she survived and I somehow managed to get tonnes more photos of her than of the birthday boy himself! That said, he moves ALL the time, so it is hard to get nice pictures.

He mostly spent the afternoon walking over our terraced gardens with his party guests. Our garden is definitely a fun one for children. It was reassuring to see the older kids enjoying it safely. (something I await with O and J with impatience!)

So, here are my favourite photos from the day.





1 comment:

Lindy said...

I love her top! Looks like the kids had loads of fun.