Sunday 24 February 2008

Extension Update

We now have a bedroom that we can access from the front window. Something I won't be repeating again. It scared the shit out of me going up (and down) the ladder. We have the circular brickwork done for the front window, and I think a lot of the insulation has been done too. I suspect out toilet will go soon as well. We just need to sort out logistics as otherwise we will end up toiletless. Even with planning it looks like we shall be the proud owners of an outside toilet for a while. I am NOT looking forward to a cold seat of a morning... argh!

Tomorrow, Les, our builders second in command, so to speak, is starting on removing the plaster on our stairs. This is great, but will probably be a bit more intrusive and awkward, as everything else so far has been outside.

We have just said a very very happy goodbye to our hall carpet. May it rest in peace. Sadly, I think it might have released some cat piss aroma, which will need to be cleared

Its all good though. It has been so quick so far. I just hope it continues. I have photos, and will try and upload them later, it just takes so long and I now have an awake Jasmine!

Just so I remember, we went to Staircase House, in Stockport last Sunday and it was good (if cold) I have photos. I have also recently done (a little ) walk around Fletcher Moss and I took some nice pictures of the flowers and river. I need to upload them too. I managed to walk 3.5 miles, twice. And once with Jas in the sling. My back has survived so far!!

No comments: