Friday 1 February 2008

Skin

So, for as long as I can remember I have had the odd spot. Nothing serious, just a few zits, which disappeared soon enough. Make up covered them, and I was never too bothered.

Around the time I got married, I started taking a lot of care over my skin, and got some over the counter treatment which worked wonderfully.

Then, I got pregnant, and for whatever reason, the stuff didn't work anymore, and since then, I have really struggled to keep my skin clear.

And since Jas arrived, it got really bad. I just assumed it was hormones, and that it would go away, but it never did. I visited Doc1 about a year ago, and he gave me cream, and some antibiotics, which did a good job, but not enough. I suppose to some extent I lost heart and apart from a repeat script of some cream, I have tried everything to keep it at bay.

And finally, last week, while at babyclinic, Doc2 said straightaway, "I think you have Acne Rosacea, make an appointment with me."

Okaaaaaaay, so why on earth didn't the other doctor see this? Argh. Since then, I have poured over websites and it is clear that this is what I have. I even had the characteristic irritable eyelid (who knew... I thought I had a rogue eyelash caught in my eye!!)

So now, I start a long course of antibiotics and face cream. I'm not a praying person right now, but I am so hopeful that this stuff works. Rosacea is something that doesn't go away, but it is managable. If this is what I have, I don't have to put up with the condition like I have.

Perhaps I can start to enjoy having my photo taken again soon. Or at least, not dread it as much as I have recently.

2 comments:

Felony Runner said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lindy said...

I'm really happy that you finally found out what the problem is. What a relief to know and now you can take the steps to minimize if not completely get 'cure' it. Let me know when you want to go bet fitted for a bra...