Wednesday 27 February 2008

Obligatory Earthquake Post

I felt it, but didn't realise until this morning.

Just before 1am I awoke from a dream. It was a relief, but I can't remember now what the dream was about!

Anyway, I was SURE that Oscar had got out of bed, and was poking Jas in the eye. This is a regular occurence, but not at 1am. In my half awake state I shouted at him to go back to bed, then realise that he wasn't actually there.

Then I convinced myself that we had a burglar and I was going to go down in the morning and find the house ransacked.

I was not bothered too much as I went straight back to sleep. Denial should be my middle name!

I was listening to Radiofive this morning and was gutted to have missed it, until I put the two events together and realised what I had felt!

5 years ago, I felt the earthquake that hit Manchester. I was fucking terrified as I was 7 floor up, near old windows which shock like crazy. It took me ages to get over it! Lets hope there aren't too many aftershocks.

1 comment:

Lindy said...

HA!! Simon thought it was burglars for a split second but he noticed the walls moving so he figured it was an earthquake