Sunday 6 July 2008

Car Boot success

This time I really have excelled myself. I popped off to the Car boot sale just across the road. I wasn't expecting much as it has been dreafully wet, and I should think that put a lot of people off.

I was right, and it was quiet, but I was still in the mood for a browse, Well, within 10 secs, I had found a Ladybird book for 25p and a Richard Scarry book which I had been casually looking for, for a while.

Then, I found a toy tape measure that we didn't get round to getting for Oscar, for 50p (sells for about a fiver) and THEN I found this HEEEYUGE box of happy land like train track, road and eurostar. It looked exactly like what I was looking for, for Jas's birthday. It said it fits in with ELC's happy land stuff, and included track and road, which I have found hard to find on Ebay. So I asked how much it was and she said two quid. TWO QUID. Oh.my.god. I was expecting her to say a tenner, and I would have easily paid a fiver. What.A.Bargain. (can you tell how excited I am??)
It is a "european express" set and has a tunnel, the eiffel tower and Big Ben, and train plays the national anthems of each country as it comes out of the tunnel. Hilarious.

Since it was so cheap, I consulted with Span on my return and we decided they could have the set now. We'll just get Jas a building to go with it, for her birthday. I set up the whole route, as per the instructions (yes, they were still there, as was all the boxes it came in!) and all the parts were there. The only things missing where a few signs and a few characters. Meh, you can get them anywhere. And the train still had batteries.

I think it would be around £30 new.

The photo has turned itself on upload. God knows why. But it gives you an idea of the size!

3 comments:

Lindy said...

HOLY COW!!! What a fantastic find- it's massive! One of these days I'm going to go to this car boot sale!

Head Pin said...

I keep meaning to go car booting too...but its a bit early in the morning for me!!! That find has inspired me though...thats really amazing!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Excellent CB work! (Martine)