Friday 25 July 2008

My parents arrive any minute now

Assuming the roads aren't too crazy, so I haven't got long to write.

All is well here. We're enjoying the warmer weather, at last and had a great day for Jas's birthday.

We went to Giraffe, at the Trafford Centre, which was nice, if a little slow on service. It is only somewhere I would go with children as they don't seem to mind that they were all over the place! Thankfully, it wasn't too busy, otherwise I suspect we would still be there!!

Jas did very well out of her birthday and I ended up buying too much. She has a doll's cradle which she loves, and some crafty bits that will probably inspire her when she is a bit bigger. I'm hoping to get Oz interested in some of the things too. For now we share toys, but I don't think that will last much longer, to be honest.

The children (touch wood... what is the internet equivalent!!) have been really good the last few days. No really bad behaviour, they play well together, and seem to be having fun. Long may it continue. Jas has started settling in for nursery and should do her first day next Thurs. I might have a whole day.

Speaking of which, I joined a gym. Lindy, it ain't too bad! I have been twice now, and actually really enjoyed it. Its £4.50 a go, but I don't have to commit to a years sub (which I can't do, with uni, and cheap gym, rapidly approaching) I go at the same times I went to Aqua and it works quite well, but I am also thinking of using my few free Thursday's to get there instead. I hope it helps me get rid of a few pounds.

However, with all the birthday bashes this weekend, it might be a case of saving face, rather than actually losing anything. No change there then! he he

Pics to follow after the weekend festivities!

3 comments:

C23W said...

Have a lovely party! xx

C23W said...

H ave a lovely party xx Martine

Lindy said...

I hate that I missed Jasmine's birthday party! I'm picking up all sorts of bits and bobs for her here so at least she'll have some goodies from us when we get back. I'm a bit shocked that I lost 1lb last week. I had a couple of bowls of ice cream and didn't do any walking. Will discuss gym/aqua with you when I get back. Still want to do a Mama Mia night if you're still interested!!