Sunday 20 May 2007

Car Boot Tales!

I hit the local Car Boot Sale today. Its literally at the back of our house. Span wasn't interested so he had the children while I went bargain hunting.

I love the fact that everything is so cheap. I got a bagful of stuff for 6 quid. And the weather was good, the people were all friendly and I got some bargains...

1x poker set, unopened £2.00
1 x summer blue dress 12-18 20p (!)
1 x short sleeved sunsuit 20p (!!!)
1 X Wooden intercity type train £1
1 x Scooter £1 (!!!!!)
1 x pair of floats and a rubber ring thrown in for free 50p

What a fabulous haul eh? Nothing that we needed, or wanted in particular, but heck I had a great time. Can't wait for the next one.....

Other items of note available £2 for a suitcase, £5 for a buggy board, £10 for a full camping table and chairs set... I could go on and on. It really is a buyers market, and I know at least one of my blog readers would LOVE IT.... (nudge nudge, you know who you are!!!)

I have made a few rules for myself after a couple of disasters.
1. Always make sure you have an instant use/definite future for your item. This means do not buy things because you *think* you might need them.
2. Have a rough idea of about 5 things you need, to give you some purpose.
3. Have a set amount you want to spend, but make sure you have plenty of cash to swipe that bargain, especially if you are milse from a cashpoint!
4. Don't buy anything to flog on... these guys know their prices. Unless you are an expert, you won't "beat" them.
5. Haggle. A lot of sellers will expect it.
5. Have lots and lots of fun! :D

No comments: