Sunday 6 May 2007

Out of the fog!

Oh my goodness I felt rough last week. I had the sore throat from hell. I went to the docs on Friday and it wasn't tonsilitis as I had anticipated. My throat was inflamed (no shit! I could see how red they were!) I could not swallow AT ALL and had 3 very very bad nights sleep. I ate hardly anything and I found it extremely hard to drink a cup of tea, and even a glass of wine (I thought the alcohol might numb my throat, instead it burned! ouchy)

By Friday evening, I forced down a soft dinner, once it had cooled down, and I turned the corner. I did lose at least 2lbs though. Bonus considering my lunch on Friday was a bowl of vanilla ice-cream (large! YAY)

On a better note, Becca came up on Saturday and we've had a great weekend. Span did a great BBQ last night and then we went swimming with the children this morning. Both of them were quite anxious, but it was the first time for Jas, and roughly a year since I dragged myself there last year when I was preggers. I am aiming to go every week, at least with Oz, so he gets more confident before our holidays.

We also went to a Bruntwood Park with the children yesterday. Oscar loved it, and we even had an ice-cream (ANOTHER one!!)

Tomorrow, Span's parents are coming so we'll have a lovely day again. Even though the weather has turned.

This warm weather we have been having really bothers me. I am fretting about climate change. I could write more about it. I'll probably have to wait until another time.

When Bec arrived she brought an old toy that I had as a child. I am in heaven.

I actually thought there was a man in a green control room reading me the questions and answers. And also, some of the words sound so weird and 80s style. I'm hoping to video some of the highlight for memory's sake! I seriously spent hours playing this when I was younger. I really hope Oscar and Jasmine enjoy it too. One game I even like now!!

We were also a bit aimless tonight so we got out a bottle wine and a game Bec got for my birthday!

Deal or No Deal.. one of my faves. Sadly not with the original Noel. Bah.

It was a lot of fun. I won, but only on the last round.

No comments: