Tuesday 4 March 2008

Exciting Amazon Delivery! (And cooking annoyances)

I got lots that I was looking forward to this week.

First and foremost, my TT Live DVD arrived. I haven't watched it yet, but I have a night on my own on Friday, so I shall enjoy it with a couple of glasses of wine. I cannot wait to see my boys again.

Then, I got a cupcake cook book. I intend to bake some this weekend, I think. That said, I attempted a lemon tart today, and my pastry went wrong. This pastry has never failed me before, but for some reason it didn't work today. I don't think being tired helped. You see, I should just buy the ready made stuff, but I won't rest until I make this particular batch. Next time though, I have learnt my lesson. Even my MIL doesn't make her own anymore.

Anyway I digress,

I also got the new Jill Mansell. It's the first time I have bought the hardback version, but it was a good price, and I do like her books.

Finally, I got a kids book about a Wombat. My friend's daughter Chloe got it from her uncle, and I loved it so much I bought it myself. To be honest, I think its going to be a present, but it is SUCH a cool book!

OH I love Amazon (and any other online shops for that matter) There is little better than getting packages. Even if we do pay for them ourselves!

No comments: