Wednesday 19 March 2008

Turning Corners??

Well, I think we might be. Psychologically, definitely. The scaffolding came down while I was out today. Woooooooopppeeeeeedoooo. It looks so good. I really need to get some pictures of it so I can show my family.

The toilet in the ensuite is in, a lot of plastering is complete, the front window is ready to go. In fact, its all go, and we can probably start thinking about decor soon. YAY!

On other notes, we went to Head over Heels with Lindy and Squidge and had a great time. Oscar just went up and down all morning. He really enjoyed it. He worked out the quickest way up, to get to the big red slide. In fact, I think his favourite was when Jas and I joined him for a slide too. It took J and me a bit longer to get up though. I think he overtook us twice! We had a quick drink there and then went to a sandwich shop for lunch. It was a bit slow, but I was pleased with it, and it was a lot cheaper than getting food at HOH (and arguably better quality!) We had a great time, and Oscar slept for 2.5 hours this afternoon. I knew he was pooped, but goodness. I hope he kips well tonight.

We're gearing up for Easter now. We head down to London on Good Friday, and after Lindy stating the obvious today (cheers!) I think we might stick around a bit. The only main issue I have with the extension is the lack of privacy while relieving oneself. Span doesn't seem to care, nor does Oz, but I can't do it. I'm no prude, but I just can't (wimp) So, I have been making several trips which involve a shop/cafe with toilets! This has made the last week quite expensive what with teas and coffees, not to say counterproductive because all that extra drink has it's effects, doesn't it! Sods law appeared yesterday and our local Tesco's toilets were bloody shut. I had to queue for the disabled loo, and then proceeded to buy stuff we probably didn't need. (or so it felt, anyway!)

So, back to what I was saying... we think that myself and the children will stay around in London, as I have no real commitments next week, due to Easter. I need to think about it, and let my parents know really, but that involves thought...

1 comment:

Lindy said...

I'd stay in London! Just think how much further along the house will be when you get back! Oh and a few days of now dust...