Wednesday 9 April 2008

Other things we've been up to. Part 2

So, the children, despite their serious protestations WERE tired. The wet pants, crying and general grumpiness gave them away!!

Here are some of the pics of our trip to London. On Easter Sunday morning I went to Heathrow to try and see the new Airbus A380. It was a pleasure driving that morning as the roads were so quiet. It took me less than half an hour. Bliss. Unfortunately, as I expected the runway gods were not holding out for me and the plane left from the opposite runway to where we were. So, although I did get to see it, it was so far away I still couldn't tell you how big it was compared to, say, a jumbo. I'm glad I went as Oscar loved it, and I was feeling a little guilty for "deserting" him later on in the week.


These next ones are just O and J looking lovely. I think they were taken on Easter Sunday.



These are of London, just in case you didn't know! ;)


And these are of the aquarium. I think Jas enjoyed it. It isn't really my cup of tea, as fish are never going to be favourite things. Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the very tame rays they had, for fear of Jasmine launching herself into the tank! One of them was doing a lap of honour getting a tickle from all of us. His mouth was open and everything. Seriously pimping himself for attention, methinks!



Finally, once I got back from the big smoke, I took the children to Bruntwood Park to enjoy the (currently) untypical sunny day we had last week. We all really enjoyed it. It does have a cafe, toilet facilities and a huge amount of land to run about in. I fully intend to go there for picnics in the warmer weather, especially as it only cost £1 for two hours parking. Another cheap day out! The under 7s play area is small, but ideal for littlies and Oscar went into the hut on top of the climbing frame and shouted "ice cream" He then sold me one for "ten pounds" Expensive eh!
Jasmine also had a tumble down the slide. I watched her go down head first, and thought she would be fine, but she went head down into some wet woodchip. She cried, but was unharmed, if a little shocked. I'm afraid I laughed, but I knew she was fine really.
Lindy, when you read this, have you been yet? We should go.




I think that is about it for now. Until I remember something I forgot.

No comments: