Monday 19 May 2008

Lovely weekend

Its been lovely having my sister up to visit. We did a load of things, and I hope we haven't worn her out too much!

On Friday we went to Bodyworlds exhibition up at the Museum of Science and Industry. I thought it was very interesting although I felt there was a lot of information to take in at one time. In the blurb it said that you needed about an hour to go round, but all of us were done within 30 mins. I should have slowed down a bit to get my money's worth! I almost feel like I want to go again, as from talking to B, L and R afterwards, I missed lots. But at £11.50 a pop, I'm not sure.

The most interesting parts for me, was seeing a healthy organ, followed by an unhealthy sample. It really showed how illness can detereorate an organ. I suppose being dead people, these samples are going to have something wrong with them!

My highlights were the body cut in about 2-5cm wide sections, making the body look very elogated. Also the very thin cross sections, about 2mm thick were fascinating, especially from a future radiographer point of view.

I'm debating whether to get a book or even revisit the exhibition, as I don't think I did it justice.

After the museum, L, B and R and I went to Wagamamas and we had a lovely meal (if a little chillified for me!) and then Becca and I met up with Span and Stewart for wine. We had a great time and we are v grateful to Teddy, for babysitting.

The rest of the weekend was a little quieter as I have my big exam on Thursday (eeeeeek) but we did find time to pop over to a friend's BBQ on Saturday, and go to the local Car Boot Sale on Sunday. I didn't have as many successes as usual, but it was still great.

Now its back to the grindstone to try and work out what the Photoelectric Effect *really* means whilst attempting to remember how many quarks there are in a hadron, and remembering the transition energies of electrons...

Crap.

1 comment:

Head Pin said...

I had a great time on Friday too, but yes felt like I missed bits, but not sure I can justify going again. I've put the book on my birthday list - so if I get it you can have a read!
Good luck for your exam!!!